Thursday, December 29, 2011

Orange Madeleines

My mom gave me a madeleine pan for Christmas- something that I had been wanting for ages! I first started my obsession with wanting to try madeleines when I saw a recipe in Martha Stewart's Cookies book. They sounded so delicious, so I was ecstatic when I recieved this pan. This isn't the recipe I first saw, but it came with the pan and is amazing! I hope you all have a chance to try it some time.
Ingredients:
2/3 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon orange extract
1/2 teaspoon shredded orange peel
1 cup powdered sugar
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray madeleine pan with Pam or similar non-stick spray. Sift together flour and baking powder in small bowl. Set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat eggs, orange extract, and orange peel on high speed for 5 minutes. Gradually beat in powdered sugar. Beat another 5 minutes or until thick.
2. Gently fold in flour mixture, then melted butter. Mix until smooth. Spoon the mixture into the cups, filling about 3/4 full. Bake approximately 8 minutes, or until edges are light brown. Cool in the pan around 1-2 minutes. Loosen cookies with a knife... then invert pan on a rack. When cool, sprinkle the tops with powdered sugar.
Yield: 24 Madeleines

3 comments:

  1. Your blog is just beautiful! The recipes you've posted so far look delicious--love the photography and the descriptions of the recipes. Keep up the great work. I'll be checking back often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure I can lose weight if I follow your blog :) Everything looks so delicious I'm sure I couldn't stop at just one. BTW, I love the look of your blog, but I do think you should include a picture of you and tell a little about yourself. People will probably be quite surprised that a teenager maintains this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures! These cookies are way way yummy!

    ReplyDelete